Re: pfps-07 typed literals with lang tags

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject: pfps-07 typed literals with lang tags
Date: 28 Jul 2003 16:10:14 +0100

> Peter,
>
> This message concerns a last call comment on the RDFCore semantics
> document recorded in:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-07
>
> Since RDFCore previously wrote to you about this comment
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003AprJun/0116.html
>
> It has reconsidered its position, and decided to accept your comment and
> remove lang tags from typed literals.  The current semantics editors
> draft
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-mt-20030117/
>
> has been updated accordingly.
>
> Please reply to this email, copying www-rdf-comments@w3.org indicating
> whether this is an acceptable disposition of your comment.
>
> Brian

The change to remove language tags from typed literals makes my particular
comment moot.  However, other RDF documents would need to change to support
this significant change, and this message does not give any indication of
whether these other documents have been changed appropriately.

The new version of RDF Semantics appears to treat typed literals adequately
in this area, except for issues related to whether XML Literals are strings.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research
Lucent Technologies