RE: Last Call comments on "Concepts and Abstract Syntax"

> There is no comment id for this at present.  I'm holding off allocating
one
> till we get a response from Stuart as to whether he is satisfied by your
> response.
>
> Brian

Ooops...skipped this one in my previous response. If I understand correctly
the proposal referenced below urges consistency in definitions across the
entire document set. AFAICT it doesn't advocate a particular consistent
direction. Following the 'links' it also seems that there is some sublety in
the distinction between the subject (or object) of a *triple* (syntax) and
the subject (or object) of a *statement* (semantic) which I had missed.

Now seeing this distinction, it makes perfect sense for Sections 6.1 to
speak of the syntactic artifact of a triple (subject, predicate and object)
being "RDF URI References" (modulo other comments on IRI, URI and RDF URI
References)... and I withdraw this comment (ie. #5 below).

However... Section 3.1 defines the subject, predicate/property and object of
a *statement* by reference to the corresponding definitions in Section 6.1
for *triples* which seems at odds with the resolution proposed in section 8
of [1].

In any case, this seems to be a topic that the WG is already sensitive to
and I am happy to trust to their judgement.

Best regards

Stuart
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Feb/0073.html