Re: issue number requested: was: Re: Can RDF say anything about anything?

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
> Subject: issue number requested: was: Re: Can RDF say anything about anything?
> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:14:26 -0500
>

>>Peter--
>>
>>It seems to me this issue is similar to the one about meaning, in the
>>sense that, since it has general applicability, it needs treatment
>>beyond the Primer.  Can you identify the other documents to which you
>>believe this applies as well?
>>

> Well, my initial message includes quotes from Concepts.  There may be
> points in my LCC review message that are relevant also.

Agreed.

> The RDF Core WG decided to postpone addressing many of my comments that
> were made before Last Call, even though some of them pointed out technical
> errors in the RDF documents.  I'm not particularly enthused therefore with
> doing more of the work of the RDF Core WG.

My understanding was that the extensive comments you made prior to last
call were not addressed at that time in order to get the revised
documents out for general comments by others without delay.  I can't
claim to speak for all the editors, but I certainly have not been
overlooking them, and I suspect the other editors feel the same way.
Your comments about the Primer are on my internal change list, just as
if they had been made as last call comments [NB:  I did ask some
questions concerning clarifications of some of those original comments,
some of which I haven't had any response to].

Concerning your "doing more of the work of the RDF Core WG", it seems to
me you have to decide whether the WG will concur with and fully address
your concerns to your satisfaction without any further input from you or
not.

--Frank