RE: Issue: pfps-13 Datatype Facets [was: RE: What is an RDF datatype?

Technically, I agree with what Jeremy has summarized above, though
we need to be cautious about saying that facets "interact" with
the L2V mapping. They do, insofar as they are (XML Schema specific)
mechanisms for defining the datatype and thus in a way the definition
of its L2V mapping, and thus *indirectly* have relevance to RDF
semantics, but they don't *directly* "interact" in any way with
RDF semantics and have no direct visibility or definition insofar
as RDF semantics are concerned. They remain completely outside
the scope of RDF semantics -- and are relevant only to applications
which implement support for XML Schema datatypes in terms of
the machinery provided by XML Schema. RDF doesn't care about facets.

Cheers,

Patrick