Re: Comments on informal meaning of the RDFS vocabulary

At 13:19 28/01/2003 -0500, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

>The RDF Schema document provides intended meanings for some of the RDFS
>vocabulary that is not supported by the RDF Semantics.  Vocabulary that
>fits into this category includes rdfs:label and rdfs:comment.

I need something a bit more specific to go on here.  Please can provide a
URI reference to the problematic text in the schema document and state
clearly what the issue is.  In the interests of economy of effort, an
example explained in detail and a list of "similarly for" would work.

>   The
>distinction between these meanings and the meanings supported by the RDF
>semantics, such as for rdfs:subClassOf, needs to be stated much more
>clearly.

Again, can you be more specific about the difference you refer to.

>This is particularly important because of the notion of social meaning in
>RDF.  Without a clear distinction, the reader can be left with the
>impression that there is no difference between social meaning and model
>theory meaning.

Ah, right, I think I see the trend of what you are getting at here, but I
still need a clearer statement of what the issues are.

Brian