Re: incompleteness of rdf-closure

>From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
>Subject: Re: incompleteness of rdf-closure
>Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:33:07 -0500
>
>>  >The RDF entailment lemma is still not valid in the 6 June 2003 version of
>>  >RDF semantics.
>>
>>  That might well be the case: I have not yet checked the proof in
>>  detail after the many editorial changes.
>>
>>  >
>>  >For example, the empty RDF graph rdf-entails
>>  >	rdf:subject rdf:type rdf:Property .
>>  >but this is not part of the rdf-closure of the empty RDF graph.
>>
>>  It is:
>>
>>  rdf:subject rdfs:range rdfs:Resource . (rdfs axiom)
>>  rdfs:range rdfs:domain rdf:Property .  (rdfs axiom)
>>  rdf:subject rdf:type rdf:Property .  (rdfs2)
>
>I don't understand how two rdfs axioms and an rdfs rule can be used in the
>determination of a rdf-closure.

Ah, I hadnt noticed that subtlety. You have a point, indeed. I will
think about that some more and get back to you. I have been inclining
for some towards giving up on RDF (as opposed to RDFS) closures in
any case.

Pat

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell