[closed] Re: buglet in syntax / test cases

On Thu, 22 May 2003 10:22:00 -0400
"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:

> I'm having trouble understanding  the following wording from 6.1.2 in
> RDF/XML Syntax
>
> All other attributes beginning with |xml| are then removed (that is, all
> attributes with ·namespace-name·
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#eventterm-attribute-namespace-name>
> accessors values     beginning with
> "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"). Note: the base URI is computed
> before any |xml:base| attribute is deleted.
>
> Does this mean that an attribute named `xmlnewthing' should be removed,
> as tested in
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/unrecognised-xml-attributes/test002.rdf
> or does it mean that an attribute that might be commonly written as
> `xml:newthing' should be removed?

Both "xmlnewthing" and "xml:newthing" should be removed.

It is trying to say, having got the XML infoset element infoitem,
first grab any xml:lang attribute value for the language accessor.

XML Base and XML Namespaces processing is already provided by the XML
Infoset, so there is nothing further to do with those attributes
(xml:base, xmlns*).

Finally remove all the attributes that start with the three
characters 'x' 'm' and 'l'.

I agree that the wording there could be improved so I will reword
this section to try to explain the existing method more clearly,
probably based on this message.

Thanks

Dave