RE: XML Schema formal mapping of QNames to URIs

I think complex types are the real subject. Primitives, IMHO, are only
useful to provide some convenience when you are dealing with systems
like databases (for example).
I believe the real need is the ability for a developer to associate a
certain resource with any type inside a schema (whatever the language
used). This will enable higher level descriptions and will ease
automated processing of ontologies, when these are represented by XML
fragments.
I would very much like to see Xpointers used, for example the URI to the
bongo type from [1] is something like (in XML escaping):

http://example.com/XSD.xsd#Xpointer(id('foo')])
or
http://example.com/XSD.xsd#Xpointer(//*[@name('bongo')])

What I'm trying to figure out is how to error proof this Xpointer values
since a non Xpointer conformant application will not locate the resource
and will report a rather 404 like error. Maybe Xlink can errorproof this
but I cannot come up with if/how Xlinks can be attached to the RDF model
right now.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2002JanMar/0043.htm

Kindest regards,