Re: need to determine what RDF is

>From: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
>
>>  Yes, but my point is that this logical interpretation is *not* RDF
>>  entailment.  It is, instead, RDFS entailment.
>
>I still fail to see why it is important for us to classify entailments.
>It's just going to over complicate stuff needlessly.  If my agent knows the
>rules for rdfs:subClass, than it can arrive at legitimate entailments,

There is no universal overriding notion of 'legitimate' entailment,
is why. I agree it complicates things, but I see no way around the
fact that life is complicated.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes