Re: Choosing a Database

Unless you want to go non-proprietary...I would suggest Oracle, Informix
or Sybase...there are PERL (Program Extraction and Reporting Language)
interfaces to all of these databases that are SQL based and therefore
semi-portable.  We use PERL to extract data from Oracle and present
it as 'virtual' HTML documents within Mosaic for a large Navy application
with no problems...
Frank Dreano (Logisitics Management Decision Support System)