Re: Choosing a Database

On Mon, 10 Apr 1995 dreano@capstone.nalda.navy.mil wrote:

> Unless you want to go non-proprietary...I would suggest Oracle, Informix
> or Sybase...there are PERL (Program Extraction and Reporting Language)
> semi-portable.  We use PERL to extract data from Oracle and present
> it as 'virtual' HTML documents within Mosaic for a large Navy application
> with no problems...

Thanks for your advice (and to the many others who replied), Oracle is
certainly a popular choice which is good because I work in an Oracle
shop.

I've been toying with the idea of using Python but find many of you use
Perl. Has anyone any experience using Python, do you have any caveats?

As always, your help is appreciated!

David Dumaresq                                	| email: david@kwantlen.bc.ca
Programmer/Analyst, Info. Systems & Computing   | phone: (604) 599-2120
Kwantlen University College, BC, Canada    	| fax:   (604) 599-2068

           "The world is one country and mankind its citizens."