XML Query Test Suite version 0.8.6

From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew.eisenberg@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:33:07 -0500
To: www-ql@w3.org
The XML Query Working Group and the XSL Working Group would like to
announce the availability of version 0.8.6 of the XML Query Test Suite
(XQTS) at http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/test-suite/.

XQTS 0.8.6 contains about 96% of the tests that will exist when the test
suite has been completed. We have added tests for the Module Import,
Schema Import, and External Variable Reference features in this release.
We have begun to make changes to the test suite based on CR issues that
have been resolved (identified in our release notes).

We encourage implementors to build their test harnesses and to provide
feedback to the XML Query Working Group.  We have received the results of
running XQTS with three implementations of XQuery: Saxon-SA, xq2xsl, and
X-Hive/DB. A report that reflects these results is available from our web
page.

                                                -- Andrew

Andrew Eisenberg
IBM