RE: XQuery vs XML Query Algebra

Dear Michael,

I think your analysis is related to Issue-10 (open) in
the XQuery working draft.

<cite>
Issue 10 : Alignment of Syntax (xquery-alignment-of-syntax)
Originator:  Algebra Editors
Locus:  xquery-algebra

Should the syntaxes of XQuery and the XML Query Algebra be more closely
aligned?
</cite>

From your analysis I gather that you suggest "yes, they should
be more closely aligned".