Re: [ANN] Open SVG Test Suite launches

Le 06-01-20 à 06:52, Lofton Henderson a écrit :
> Here is a topic that might interest the QA IG -- a proposal [1] for
> an open source, community-built test suite (for SVG).
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Jan/0323.html

That's a very interesting initiative indeed. And I hope there will be
more of those. It's very hard sometimes to create all necessary tests
and the more test cases, the more it's becoming easy to tackle not
only implementation mistakes, but possibly specification mistakes.

Though sometimes, the call for open participation is not effective. I
always wonder if it's a lack of framework for it, or if it's a lack
of interests. Three examples:

* HTML 4.01 Test Suite
	http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Test/
* CSS Validator  (Java developers)
	http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
* Markup Validator (perl developers)
	http://validator.w3.org/

	If you want to participate btw, see http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/qa-dev/

Lofton,
	I remember the huge series of test made for Batik with automatic
testing. I wonder if those had been released. I wonder if it was Sun
Microsystems, or ILOG which was working on that.

*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***