Re: [ANN] Open SVG Test Suite launches

At 11:26 AM 1/30/2006 +0900, Karl Dubost wrote:
[...]
>Lofton,
>         I remember the huge series of test made for Batik with automatic
>testing. I wonder if those had been released. I wonder if it was Sun
>Microsystems, or ILOG which was working on that.

Some time ago, I had some conversations about that with Vincent Hardy
(Sun).  As I recalled, the automation was a *regression* testing scheme.  I
just checked that recollection with Vincent, who wrote:

[[[
"What I had put in place in Batik was a test infrastructure (called regard
for 'regression guard') which took SVG files, rendered them with Batik and
checked that the rendering did not deviate from one run to the next."
]]]

He also confirms that "The tests are accessible like the rest of the Batik
software and under the same license."

Regards,
-Lofton.