Re: [SpecGL] 1044 - Case of RFC2119 terms

At 03:44 PM 3/10/2005 -0500, Karl Dubost wrote:
>[...]
>
>Using RFC 2119 [RFC2119] Keywords (MUST, SHOULD, MAY, ...) makes it easy
>to spot conformance requirements; according to the RFC itself, they should
>be used only to establish interoperation [WIKI-RFC-KEYWORDS]. They may be
>written with an uppercase formatting and/or a specific markup (See the
>Manual of Style).

Given our past discussion and resolutions, "may" in the last sentence seems
too weak.  I think we should recommend it.  It is *not* "easy to spot
conformance requirements" if there is nothing special to highlight or call
attention to the keywords.  And ... if there is not some special
formatting, then those words cannot be used in regular non-normative prose.

-Lofton.