Re: Draft minutes Boston F2F, 4 Friday 2005 AM

At 11:59 AM 3/4/2005 -0500, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:
>[...]
>#1155 Use your own example
>Section 5 Story ­ identify the group, QAWG.
>RESOLUTION:  agree with the TAG.  We won’t be so modest and will come out
>of the closet.

I more or less agreed with TAG, but had another comment about this.  The
story is not completely accurate.  For example, the lagging status of the
ExTech components (and other informative supporting documents) was not due
to lack of quality review, but was a conscious strategy decision that was
made (in fact, imitating what WAI was then doing on some of its specs --
their Techniques documents were lagging behind their early).  It may have
been wrong, but wasn't due to quality review (or lack of it).

should revise it to be more accurate.

[...]
>In Conformance Claim section, add bullet to ‘include a completed ICS; Add
>to the example reference to the ICS ­ e.g., An ICS proforma is at <give
>URI>.  Clarify the ‘you can claim conformance’ that this is one example of
>what the claim can look like it.  Need to move SpecGL’s ICS from
>informative to normative.

Huh?  How can it be normative if it contains no conformance requirements,
no test assertions, etc?  Another way to look at it, who would conform to
the SpecGL ICS itself, and how?  The ICS itself is not prescriptive of any
behavior or characteristic of a spec conforming to SpecGL.

As defined Thursday (Boston), isn't the ICS an (unsubstantiated) claim of
spec authors' intent to conform to SpecGL?

The ICS proforma is a tool (template), not a normative part of SpecGL, and
it is provided to help spec authors claim SpecGL conformance.

-Lofton.