From: Deyan Ginev <deyan.ginev@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2023 7:26 PM
To: www-math@w3.org <www-math@w3.org>
Subject: FFL: CSS-like selectors for web mathematics

Hi everyone,

Busy week for math-related enhancements!
I also wanted to share a new HCI (human-computer interaction) project by the University of Pennsylvania. It attempts to improve the ergonomics of writing CSS styling rules for math subterms - especially setting "color", which seems to be gaining prominence in recent years.

As you'll notice, the project isn't MathML-centered, but tries to amalgamate together LaTeX syntax and CSS syntax (with a transpiler step that auto-generates a "class" attribute).

Talk video (recommended!): https://youtu.be/PkXHuPkatpk?t=566
Paper: https://bit.ly/ffl-paper
Demo: https://bit.ly/try-ffl

It is easy to be reminded of a post by Brian on this general subject (which I also shared with the author):
https://bkardell.com/blog/CSSLike.html

Enjoy,
Deyan