Re: MathML Core authoring tools?

Il 06/12/22 09:04, Frédéric WANG ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> For historical reasons, many MathML generators are based on MathML 3, or
> even the subset supported by Firefox. Now that browsers have been moving
> to MathML Core, it would be good to have a list of tools that have been
> updated to be more aligned with MathML Core (for some definition of
> "aligned") and be recommended for users.
>
> We already have https://www.w3.org/wiki/Math_Tools but I'm not sure it's
> really up-to-date (even the two links of the Browsers section are broken
> and the CG's polyfills are not listed...). Perhaps it should be
> refreshed and reorganized so users targeting native browser support can
> more easily find relevant tools?
>
> To start the discussion:
>
> - We can probably remove "Mozilla Gecko/Firefox" and "Apple WebKit" from
> the list, since all the three main engines are going to support MathML
> Core.
> - I'm still maintaining TeXZilla and it was updated in 2019 during the
> MathML Core simplification (although it may probably still generate
> non-MathML Core features in some rare cases).
>
> This idea originated from the MDN discussions at
> https://github.com/mdn/content/pull/22640.

I highly suggest adding LyX (https://www.lyx.org/) to the list. It is an
actively maintained document processor that can output in a variety of
formats, including HTML/Docbook/Epub with MathML math. I've been
authoring MathML ebooks for the longest time with it.

Also, I think the "others" category should be renamed to "Document
processors".

On a side note, I sometimes send patches for LyX about MathML output.
What would I need to do to make it MathML core compliant?

Thanks,
--
Lorenzo