RE: Assignment Vs conditions

Maybe I'm mistaken in what <declare> means in MathML, but in general there
is a big difference between assignment and declaration. If you declare
something, the declaration holds forever (in the declaration scope), while
you can reassign a value. You can emulate declarations via assignments, but
not the other way around.

Therefore it doesn't seem to me a good idea to use <declare> for
assignments. This would be a misuse of the <declare> operator, though I
understand that the MathML language probably dosn't offer a better
alternative.

	Martin.