Re: Unsophisticated Query

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Jo Tomalin wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Can you help me to think about the best tools for putting maths (of a
> fairly low level - algebraic fractions, indices, etc) onto the web?

By far the easiest way for you to do this is to use MINSE.  It is
also free and requires no additional software.

To put a quadratic equation into your page, for example, write:

    <se> a*x^2 + b*x + c = 0 </se>

Post your page on the web as you normally would.

Then visit http://minse.org/ and enter the URL of your page into the box.

Your pages will be accessible

    - in any browser (no plug-ins required)

    - on any operating system

    - as images for people with graphical displays

    - as plain text for people with text displays

As you can see in the example above, the source code is also simple
enough to be entered by students and understood by screen readers.

-- ?!ng