From: Joel DeYoung [mailto:joel@deyoung.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 08:05
To: jjc@clark.com
Cc: frystyk@w3.org
Subject: xmlparse.dll included in libwww distribution

I downloaded and built under Win32 version 5.2.8 of the libwww
distribution, which includes the expat xml package.  I link with the
provided import libraries (xmlparse.lib & xmltok.lib) and use the provided
Win32 DLLs (xmlparse.dll & xmltok.dll).

I am having a problem in that the provided xmlparse.dll is dependent on
msvcrtd.dll, the debug version of the C run-time library.  When I give my
application to someone who doesn't have MSVC installed, they of course
don't have this DLL and my app won't load because of this implicit
dependency.  Shouldn't you be providing an xmlparse.dll that is dependent
on msvcrt.dll, the release version of the run-time library?  This DLL is on
every Windows machine.  I would really rather not have to distribute a
debug version of the C run-time library with my app.

Please advise.

Many thanks,
Joel DeYoung
joel@deyoung.net