W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > January to March 2015

[minutes] Internationalization WG telecon 2015-03-12

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:49:01 +0000
Message-ID: <550AC5BD.6010303@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2015/03/12-i18n-minutes.html




text version:


Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

12 Feb 2015

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2015Feb/0010.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Richard, Steve, Dennis, Koji, Leandro,
           Somnath_(via_IRC)

    Regrets
           Felix, JcK

    Chair
           Addison Phllips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [9]qa-no-language needs update
          6. [10]XLST 3.0 I18N-ISSUE-394
          7. [11]Charmod-Norm edits
          8. [12]LTLI updated draft?
          9. [13]Bopomofo/zhuyin accent positioning
         10. [14]Indic script initial cap
         11. [15]time zone thread on www-international@
         12. [16]AOB?
      * [17]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    [18]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-113?

    <trackbot> action-113 -- Richard Ishida to Work on tidying up
    Additional Requirements for Bidi in HTML & CSS over coming
    couple of months -- due 2015-02-05 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/113

      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/113

    richard: done but for final prep
    ... and a few summaries
    ... sent email to Aharon asking for text
    ... haven't heard back yet
    ... did a lot of work on it

    <r12a>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/International/docs/html-bidi-requirements
    /editme.html

      [20] 
http://www.w3.org/International/docs/html-bidi-requirements/editme.html

    addison: public review?

    richard: no, just updating status

    addison: all, look it over.

    richard: tbds for missing stuff
    ... added the google doc as an appendix
    ... updated links
    ... checked html quotes
    ... should be close

    action-363?

    <trackbot> action-363 -- Addison Phillips to Follow up with
    membership on hackathon planning for (e.g.) iri/idn or encoding
    tests -- due 2014-11-07 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/363

      [21] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/363

    addison: will write something

    action-364?

    <trackbot> action-364 -- Richard Ishida to Document how
    "sticky" language negotiation is done in our pages as an
    article -- due 2014-11-07 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/364

      [22] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/364

    richard: in progress

    action-399?

    <trackbot> action-399 -- Dennis Tan Tanaka to Update article
    "an introduction to multilingual web addresses" -- due
    2015-02-12 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/399

      [23] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/399

    dennis: working on it

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: send source text for "intro to web
    addresses" to Dennis [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-401 - Send source text for "intro to
    web addresses" to dennis [on Richard Ishida - due 2015-02-19].

    action-400??

    <trackbot> action-400 -- Addison Phillips to Follow up with new
    es-402 owner for status of es i18n work -- due 2015-02-12 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [25]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/400

      [25] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/400

    close action-400

    <trackbot> Closed action-400.

    addison: wrote to rick waldron
    ... will write again for further status

Info Share

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [26]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

      [26] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    Steve: looked over linked data patch
    ... schedule for upcoming call

    addison: add to next week's agenda

    Steve: will shepherd Latin Layout Requirements

    [27]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Project_radar

      [27] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Project_radar

qa-no-language needs update

    [28]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2015F
    eb/0008.html

      [28] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2015Feb/0008.html

    [29]http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-no-language-al
    t

      [29] http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-no-language-alt

    richard: would like to publish and make live, unless someone
    has comments?
    ... basically I brought it up to date
    ... pushed XML and XML Schema out to "advanced topics"
    ... said that lang couldn't be null, but you can in HTML5 so
    now fixed

    objections to publishing?

    (none noted)

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: make new version of qa-no-language
    live [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-402 - Make new version of
    qa-no-language live [on Richard Ishida - due 2015-02-19].

XLST 3.0 I18N-ISSUE-394

    [31]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27615

      [31] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27615

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: write to xslt folks asking if bug
    27615 is likely to be addressed, e.g. do they have plans for a
    future edition [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-403 - Write to xslt folks asking if
    bug 27615 is likely to be addressed, e.g. do they have plans
    for a future edition [on Addison Phillips - due 2015-02-19].

Charmod-Norm edits

    [33]http://www.inter-locale.com/w3c/charmod-norm-20150207.html#
    unicodeControls

      [33] 
http://www.inter-locale.com/w3c/charmod-norm-20150207.html#unicodeControls

    addison: made these edits
    ... Applications -> specification

    richard: applications too. much of the pain is when doing e.g.
    in page search
    ... may have different case for identifiers
    ... IDN bans these

    addison: stringprep removes them?
    ... need to add a section to searching block

    richard: pass by unicode

    dennis: utr46 discusses a few of these
    ... idna 2003 v. 2008 different for ZWJ, ZWNJ, etc.
    ... can check if they are valid in IDNA

    <scribe> ACTION: dennis: check on zwj and friends in IDNA so
    that we can document in charmod-norm [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-404 - Check on zwj and friends in
    idna so that we can document in charmod-norm [on Dennis Tan
    Tanaka - due 2015-02-19].

    addison: will word smith, add requirement for string searching

LTLI updated draft?

    [35]http://www.inter-locale.com/w3c/ltli/LTLI.html

      [35] http://www.inter-locale.com/w3c/ltli/LTLI.html

    addison: further edits of the top section with definitions
    ... would like to publish new WD soon-ish

Bopomofo/zhuyin accent positioning

Indic script initial cap

    richard: sent response (see on public-i18n-indic list) asking
    more question of somnath

    <r12a>
    [36]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-indic/2015
    JanMar/0020.html

      [36] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-indic/2015JanMar/0020.html

    <somnath> need few days time for resolving feedback from
    richard. early next week possible

    thanks somnath

time zone thread on www-international@

    [37]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2015
    JanMar/0058.html

      [37] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2015JanMar/0058.html

    addison: in this thread cameron jones suggests using bcp47
    language tags for time zone

AOB?

    koji: at last tpac
    ... notes for justification

    richard: is this about where to put notes about justification
    and that sort of thing?

    <Leandro> Need to sign out - til next week

    richard: fantasai said it would be nice to have a wiki about
    that
    ... we have two things

    <r12a>
    [38]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Improving_typography_
    on_the_Web_and_in_eBooks

      [38] 
https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Improving_typography_on_the_Web_and_in_eBooks

    richard: first a wiki page pointing to requirements, specs, and
    tests at w3c

    <r12a>
    [39]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Improving_typography_
    on_the_Web_and_in_eBooks#Alignment_and_justification

      [39] 
https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Improving_typography_on_the_Web_and_in_eBooks#Alignment_and_justification

    richard: that's tying existing documents

    <r12a> [40]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Layout_links

      [40] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Layout_links

    richard: more recently I made the above
    ... which is waiting to be filled in, really
    ... parking space for information about typography
    ... so two articles about justification in arabic currently
    ... three if you count urdu
    ... if anyone on this call or reading minutes have additional
    information
    ... but layout of latin or non-latin scripts
    ... want to make sure they are good/reliable articles
    ... but welcome input

    koji: wasn't clear from tpac minutes what kind of articles were
    discussed

    richard: this is more recent

    koji: what kind of documents you were discussing?

    addison: need to refresh our memories

    <DennisTan> I have to drop off. Thank you and good bye

    richard: created first as a "checklist" for layout requirements
    ... offshoot from visit to china
    ... second wiki I did because of ebook discussion
    ... been meaning to do something
    ... not a response to tpac

    <scribe> Scribe: Addison Phillips

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: write to xslt folks asking if bug 27615
    is likely to be addressed, e.g. do they have plans for a future
    edition [recorded in
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: dennis: check on zwj and friends in IDNA so that
    we can document in charmod-norm [recorded in
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: make new version of qa-no-language live
    [recorded in
    [43]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: send source text for "intro to web
    addresses" to Dennis [recorded in
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [41] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action03
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action04
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action02
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 19 March 2015 12:49:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 September 2016 22:37:38 UTC