W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > January to March 2015

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2015-01-29

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:07:32 +0000
Message-ID: <54CB7404.50203@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html





text version follows:


Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

29 Jan 2015

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2015Jan/0017.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Richard, Leandro, JcK, Steve, David, Koji

    Regrets
           felix, dennis

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           aphillip

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [9]Predefined counter styles publication
          6. [10]AOB?
          7. [11]Bopomofo
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Action Items

    close action-365

    <trackbot> Closed action-365.

    close action-391

    <trackbot> Closed action-391.

    action-392?

    <trackbot> action-392 -- Richard Ishida to Follow up on
    lock-step publishing counter styles wg document to match css by
    checking on their status -- due 2015-01-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/392

      [13] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/392

    richard: did follow up, haven't heard date from them
    ... asking for publication here so we can move when we find out

    close action-393

    <trackbot> Closed action-393.

    close action-395

    <trackbot> Closed action-395.

Info Share

    JcK: posted a note about IDN situation at IETF and UTC

    <r12a> [14]http://rishida.net/scripts/bopomofo/ontheweb.html

      [14] http://rishida.net/scripts/bopomofo/ontheweb.html

    richard: worked on above article/page
    ... sums up what I know about bopomofo
    ... and tone marks
    ... in contact with folks in taiwan
    ... including ministry of education

    koji: how is clreq going?

    richard: had some long calls with chinese folks
    ... talked about clreq
    ... have list of chapters that will/wont'b e ready by march
    ... march for first public
    ... lots of time off in feb
    ... adding simplified bits, since t.chinese done first
    ... then translate and polish
    ... ruby section now complete in chinese
    ... only one in English so far
    ... look out for it

    koji: does it cover markup and render?

    richard: talks about what one would expect to see

    <r12a>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Chinese_layout_progre
    ss

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Chinese_layout_progress

    koji: if want to know how to mark up bopomofo, what do you
    recommend?

    richard: don't know if that exists

    public-i18n-cjk@

    richard: hackpad version points to wrong version
    ... (hmm...)
    ... go to TOC

    <r12a> [16]https://clreq.hackpad.com/Ruby_en-LEZdmNzTVUf

      [16] https://clreq.hackpad.com/Ruby_en-LEZdmNzTVUf

    richard: I expect bopomofo to markup same way as japanese
    ... just use <rt> tag
    ... painful otherwise
    ... current implementations are all hacks
    ... because html/css doesn't yet support bopomofo ruby

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    Steve: fininshing up linked data patch

    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Project_radar

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Project_radar

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: follow up on Korean Layout
    Requirements comments,et al (expected due date in late
    Feburary) [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-396 - Follow up on korean layout
    requirements comments,et al (expected due date in late
    feburary) [on Richard Ishida - due 2015-02-05].

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: ping norbert about js progress status
    [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-397 - Ping norbert about js progress
    status [on Addison Phillips - due 2015-02-05].

Predefined counter styles publication

    <r12a> [21]http://www.w3.org/International/docs/counter-styles/

      [21] http://www.w3.org/International/docs/counter-styles/

    richard: went through and compared to latest counter styles css
    ... that's going to CR
    ... added notes
    ... put some things back into core spec
    ... mozilla implemented some
    ... odd choices
    ... all in spec have two implementations except tamil
    ... these are also in our predefined
    ... pointers back to css spec
    ... change marks in section 1.2
    ... how to use
    ... green light to publish as new WD
    ... cr period might change things
    ... indeed had greek comments

    <scribe> chair: approve?

    <Leandro> +1

    <koji> +1

    <David> +1

    <Steve_Atkin> Steve +1

    +1

    <r12a> +1

    <JcK> Note sure I understand all the issues, but +1

    <scribe> chair: approved for publication as a WD

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: publish predefined counter styles as
    WD when CSS publishes counter styles as CR [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-398 - Publish predefined counter
    styles as wd when css publishes counter styles as cr [on
    Richard Ishida - due 2015-02-05].

AOB?

Bopomofo

    richard: look at my article first? will change as we develop

    jck: if we want to discuss ietf/utc, should say

    richard: saw asmus did a summary
    ... is there a summary?

    jck: mailing list on old idna-bis
    ... opinions
    ... asmus and I traded clarifications
    ... heated opinions with range of variation
    ... headed to a separate normalization form for identifiers?
    ... unicode properties may no support this??

    <Leandro> Need to sign off, talk to you next wekk

    <koji> r12a: the "questions" section is fantastic

    <r12a> btw, i'm just editing it a little - i'll ping you when
    i'm done

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: ping norbert about js progress status
    [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: follow up on Korean Layout Requirements
    comments,et al (expected due date in late Feburary) [recorded
    in [24]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: publish predefined counter styles as WD
    when CSS publishes counter styles as CR [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 30 January 2015 12:07:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 September 2016 22:37:38 UTC