RE: Comment on working draft "Specifying Language in XHTML and HTML Content"

Yes, it does say so, but it seems to be a mistake. I believe we should ask
the people concerned what is their preference. I have submitted the question
to CLDR.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijanis

The French locale has azéri

http://unicode.org/cldr/apps/survey?_=fr&x=languages&skip=80#Unconfirmed

> As for numerals in Arabic, they do run left-to-right
> as they do in English,
> while Arabic text runs right-to-left.
>
> according to the document below, the numbers do not automatically get
> displayed properly:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-text-20030226/#Progression
> .date {writing-mode: lr-tb;}
>
> I'll have to let someone else speak more on numerals embedded in non
> left-to-right scripts.

"Note: Even when the inline-progression is left-to-right or right-to-left,
some or all of the content within a given element might advance in the
opposite direction because of the Unicode [UNICODE] bidirectional algorithm
or because of explicit text advance overrides due to this property or
'direction' and 'unicode-bidi'. "

For numbers, the inversion is implicit.

Jony