From: www-international-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-international-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Richard Ishida
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 10:44 AM
To: 'Richard Ishida'; 'Chris Lilley'; www-validator@w3.org
Cc: www-international@w3.org
Subject: RE: Strange advice re BOM and UTF-8

I just checked, and the blank line in the PHP file appears in IE7 too.

RI

============
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
http://www.w3.org/International/
http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/

l which seems to indicate that the latest versions of IE, > Firefox and
Opera on Windows cope ok with the utf-8 signature
> in embedded files.  I have seen this problem recently,
> however, in files included into PHP that have the signature.
> I have temporarily created an example at
> http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-css-charset.vi.ph
p  (I will fix this tomorrow.)  Look at it in Firefox, and it is > fine -
look at it in IE6, and there's a blank line at the top