Re: What to do with Gaulish (was Re: rfc4646. Some analysis code)

Chris Lilley wrote:

> I'm becoming more convinced that Gaulish should have been registered as
> a language by itself without the cel- prefix (I was talked into the
> latter, by Michael Everson as I recall).

Most probably. Note that ISO 639-3 will provide codes that represent
Gaulish, so that might be something to consider. A registration might be
premature as a result.

> FE> If for some reason a variant gaulish is registered later
>
> I plan to, once I can figure out how to do it. Which is not at all
> clear. Can anyone point to the procedure?

See RFC 4646, Section 3.5. Basically you send a registration form in
that section to ietf-languages@ietf.org

> FE> How to find any cel-Grek-gaulish document is another question, not
> FE> all "valid" tags make sense... :-)
>
> Not sure of your intent with that sentence, can you clarify? Yes, I saw the
> smiley, but that didn't help me make sense of it.

Consider "tlh-Cyrl-AQ": Klingon written in Cyrillic as used in
Antarctica. Not a very useful tag.

Addison

--
Addison Phillips