Re: section/heading reformulation

Johannes Koch wrote:

> I thought, the way to go with XHTML 2 was
>
> <section>
>    <h>heading of section_1</h>
>    <!--this is section_1-->
>    <section>
>      <h>heading of section_1.1</h>
>      <!--this is section_1.1-->
>    </section>
> </section>

You are partially right and me, I ve been
partially wrong, but both only partially,
so please take a look at the example
given in the sepcs:

<h>Events</h>

<section>

    <h>Introduction</h>
    <h>Specifying events</h>

    <section>
        <h>Attaching events to the handler</h>
    </section>

    <section>
        <h>Attaching events to the listener</h>
    </section>

    <section>
        <h>Specifying the binding elsewhere</h>
    </section>

</section>

Does it mean, that on the "h1-level" the <body>
tag fullfills the <section> job? Seems so.

Maybe it is tought that way, but I think it is
a little bit vague and unprecise, as <body> and
<section> belong to different modules (document,
structure) with different content model, somehow
different meaning and so on.

As I take consideration in the field of moving
whole sections between different levels, this
current solution seems to me to heavily fixed
on the document and not allowing e.g. the level1
section to be moved to another level (where does
it end? - possibly long before </body>).

(a) So I would prefer a solution with <h> only
allowed inside a <section> so that you can
always identify the relationship. In the
example above, where should an alogrithm know
beginning (o.k. may be in follow-up to the
heading, but thats loose structure instead of
XML usual nesting) but mainly: the END of the
h1-section? inside a document there can be
appendix etc before the <body> tag closes!

(b) Furthermore I would demand for a restriction
that allows only one <h> per <section>. This
is not forbidden currently. But I consider it
necessarry to avoid structures like:

  <section>
    <h>The heading</h>
    <h>Another heading - but wherefore?</h>