Re: 'style' attribute

>On 2/22/04 8:26 AM, "Brian Bober" <netdemonz@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > We have Microsoft to thank for CSS being broken

Here I disagree.

>On 2/22/04 9:30 PM, "Orion Adrian" <oadrian@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Given that Microsoft hasn't adopted CSS

He said it and I repeated it.  I do know that IE5 for mac was the first
browser to break 99% compatability for which I was very happy (something I
read right here on www.w3.org).  I was estatic when IE 5.5 and IE 6 came out
because of their increased support for CSS1.  I was specifically referring
to CSS as a design goal.  MS hasn't adopted any version of CSS beyond CSS1
and has said as much via its statement that there will be no significant
development of IE in the future.

>Please take the trolling from free email addresses back to slashdot.

My free e-mail address hosted by a company owned by Microsoft which has made
it a core part of their strategy.  Do you blame me for not paying for my
e-mail address?  Where exactly does the amount I pay for my e-mail account
fit in?  Also I've never even read a whole slashdot article or posted there
once because I find their lack of fact-checking terrible.

>In many ways, the prevalence of CSS use today is due directly to its strong
>adoption in IE, and the hard work of numerous Microsoft individuals, on
>both
>implementation and the CSS standards themselves at W3C.

I agree with this with respect to CSS1 though I'm not sure where CSS2 is
going to go much less 3 and 4 and all the unwritten version yet to come if
MS doesn't adopt CSS fully.  If MS has some strategy that

Orion Adrian

p.s. By the way, I don't troll.  I may make a typo which this very well
could have been seeing as how the word CSS you might have had a problem
with, but if I had simply forgotten to write a 2 afterwards, then your
response would have been a very inappropriate.