RE: XHTML 2.0 considered harmful

Sampo Syreeni wrote:
> On 2003-01-15, Peter Foti (PeterF) uttered to 'www-html@w3.org':
>
> >[...] Company ABC is concerned that the data must be
> presented the way
> >that they intended it to be, but they don't have access to
> the <head> of
> >Company XYZ's web page.
>
> Most of the time this sort of B2B connection will involve
> web-designer for
> ABC calling web-designer for XYZ. If not outright copying
> what ABC shows,
> online.

Umm... no.  I'm thinking more along the lines of websites like Reuters,
MSNBC, or other news agencies that provide content to multiple websites.
The content might be updated several times per hour... I don't think there
is someone at Reuters calling someone as MSN every time they get a new
article.

Peter Foti