Re: Subject line in Mailto forms

At 9:57 AM -0400 6/16/97, Benjamin Franz wrote:
>I find the 'mailto' thing to be a dying thing anyway. For contacts I
>nearly always use forms. It seems more professional and *significantly*
>reduces the amount of email I recieve from web-crawling spambots daily.
The fact that you use forms primarily does not imply that everyone is going
to.  In fact, e-mail links are the easiest and most accessible forms of
communication, both for the author of the page and his or her visitors.
For web authors without access to cgi in particular, the mailto: link is
the only way they can allow their readers to comment (aside, of course,
from the forms sent as e-mail, although I personally try to avoid them).

Web crawling spam-bots are not a problem for me.  A larger issue is
allowing those who want to communicate a chance to communicate in a manner
that is entirely familiar to them (their e-mail client).

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]