Re: Cougar Critique - style WD defined nonstandard HTTP header?

On 11 Apr 97 at 14:05, Dave Raggett wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Liam Quinn wrote:
>
> > I don't see how two style sheet languages for inline style are
> > possible.  (Granted, the use of so much inline style is questionable,
> > but that doesn't make it wrong.)
> >
> > Similarly, I don't see how one can specify for which medium the
> > inline style is intended, since the MEDIA attribute applies only to
> > LINK and STYLE elements.
>
> This is true, but not seen as a real problem. Inline styles are
> indeed limited in their flexibility compared with linked styles
> so you are advised to choose the approach best suited for your
> situation.

I don't see a problem with this limitation, but perhaps the next
draft should clarify this, particularly with regard to MEDIA.  I
assume that MEDIA=all is implicitly used for all inline style,
regardless of what MEDIA values are used in the STYLE or LINK
elements, but without this being stated in the draft I'm just making
an assumption.

Liam Quinn
===============  http://www.htmlhelp.com/%7Eliam/  ===============