Re: Netscape 4.0 press release at their server

From: Simone Demmel <neko@greenie.muc.de>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 11:44:09 +0200 (MET DST)
To: msftrncs@htcnet.com (Carl Morris)
Cc: mag@ncsa.uiuc.edu, www-html@w3.org
Hi,

Carl Morris wrote:
> | "This page best viewed with" is an ironic step backwards in document
> | interchangeability.  Before The Web, that information was given out
> using
> No it doesn't... it simply tells others what the page was designed to
> look best in, that doesn't mean that it won't display in another, and

Oh my good, why don't you print prospects and give them out with
3-D-glasses.. best viewed with our 3-D-glasses?

That would be the right thing for most of the Web-page-creators. They
use java, what can be viewed by about 3 of 20 Browsers, they create Tags
for a single Browser... that's stupid, WWW was created to offer
Informations to everyone in this world and not only to a couple of people
who have one specific OS or one specific browser :(

Do that in your Intranet, where everyone can have the same Browser, but
not in the InTERnet - that's not the thing it is created for.

neko
--
neko@greenie.muc.de 	  Simone Demmel		Muenchen (Germany)
Fax.: 089/354 59 80