Re: The Netscape / Microsoft / Future Quagmire

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 16:21:17 -0400 (EDT)
To: jaobrien@fttnet.com (Jason O'Brien)
Cc: www-html@w3.org
> I'm talking about multimedia -- there will of course always
> be a place for text publishing, and for this, any browser will work -- I
> don't know where the complaint comes from there.

That isn't true. The current web browsers are quite _bad_ at publishing
text, and since that is still the majority of what most of us want to *DO*
with the web, it is very frustrating. For every site that could benefit
from shockwave, there are ten that could benefit from robust, standardized
handling of footnotes, or math, or hypertext links, or style sheets, or
meta-data, or ...

 Paul Prescod