RE: IMG FUD [was: DIV/CLASS ]

>In message <319B6634@MSMAIL.INDY.TCE.COM>, Fisher Mark writes:
>>  Remember, it hasn't
>>been all _that_ long (2 years) since the debate on whether inline images
>>belong on the Web -- evolution is pretty speedy here on the Internet.
>
>This is a myth, popularized by the press, with help from James Clark
>at netscape:

That's what I get for relying on memory rather than searching the
archives...

It was a poorly chosen analogy.  Sorry for the confusion.  (Although there
were people still debating the merits of inline images 2 years ago or so, it
was definitely a minority opinion.)

For the record, I came aboard www-talk around the time CGI was developing,
which _did_ make a major impact in what Web applications could be created.
 And CGI itself was created not _that_ long ago.  Now we have Java and
Javascript all over the place; from ISINDEX to Java is a fair bit of
evolution in a short time.
Mark Leighton Fisher                   Thomson Consumer Electronics
fisherm@indy.tce.com                   Indianapolis, IN