<menu>, Style sheets ; was:Re: <OL>, stylesheets, HTML3,

	         Netscape2.0 -Reply

>>> Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com> 05/14/96 11:25am >>>
>At 10:15p 05/13/96, Brendan Seaton wrote:
>>Internet Explorer does display <MENU> lists without bullets.
>>Incidentally, <MENU> is part of HTML _2.0_, not 3.0; the
>unbulleted
>>rendering is only a suggestion, however.

I just checked, and <menu> is in the HTML 3.2
DTD.

>(First: there are so many cc'd people on this message I don't
>know what to delete safely, so please excuse any duplicates
>received...)

I just sent to www-html@w3.org so it would pick up
anyone on the list.

>I have noticed many web pages using <DL><DD> or sometimes
><BLOCKQUOTE> for indenting a block of text. How bad is this
>usage?
>-Walter

In some countries, you can get shot for that.

Seriously, as style sheets become a reality, it will
make more sense to mark up your doc's according to what
they are.  For example, suppose you have all of your
docs on your site pointing to one style sheet (this will
probably become common) and you want to make all of your
definitions appear in blue helvetica text. so you write:

DD {
 color: blue, #1010FF
 font-family: helvetica, arial,;
 }

But then all of that text you put in <dd> just to
indent it will appear blue, too.