Re: HTML 3.xx & scalability

On Thu, 9 May 1996 14:21:11 -0500, preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com (Scott E. Preece) wrote:
>  From: marcush@crc.ricoh.com (Marcus E. Hennecke)
> | It essentially means that you can't do page layout with HTML.
> | [...]
> | (Walter: it would be nice if you could wrap your lines to around 72
> | characters)
>
> There's a certain irony in telling someone not to worry about layout,
> because you can't predict how the UA will present it, and immediately
> complaining about the author's layout, because your UA doesn't like
> what it got...

True enough. However, the difference is that with HTML, the layout
depends entirely on the browser. However, mail programs usually don't
relayout the messages (actually at home I use Eudora and it does rewrap
the lines).

Anyway, it's really just a minor thing that's why I put it in
parentheses. If this were HTML I would have also put <SMALL CLASS=Very>
around it (in hindsight I should have done that anyway). So let's not
waste any more bandwidth on this.

Marcus
--
Marcus E. Hennecke