HTML 3.2 [was: Unique Names & content scope -Reply ]

In message <s18cf442.087@wposmtp.nps.navy.mil>, Charles Peyton Taylor writes:

>>Favorite Peeve:
>>A document that is used by a large number of people should _not_
>>expire until an adequate substitute exists. It is rubbish that
>>the
>>HTML3 definition has expired, that is only a beaurocratic
>>idiosyncrasy and a damn nuisance!

Interesting... I didn't see him volunteer to maintain the document.

The HTML 3.0 document was created by a cast of volunteers. The
reason it went dormant was largely due to a lack of resources.

>I do wish HTML 3 had been updated as a single
>document.

Now that W3C has funding to do this sort of thing... your wish is my
command... Please see:

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/Wilbur/

Dan