Re: Opening multiple frames

Boleslaw   Mynarski (bmynarsk@pathcom.com) writes:
> Hi there,
>
> I know it's possible to open (or should I rather say change) the content in more
> than one frame at a time.  However,  do I have to write a cgi script or there is
> some kind of a tag that does it?
> Bolek,
>
> See you on the NET!
Let's say your FRAMESET loads a document into a frame called FRAME1 and
another into a frame named FRAME2.
The document in FRAME1 can change the document in FRAME2 to new.html like
this:

                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When this anchor is clicked the new.html is loaded into the frame named
FRAME2.

Also, if the user exits the frame-using area and tries to go back to the
main page the problem may arise where the whole thing ends up in the frame
still! Same with links off-site, until you have frames in frames ad
infinitum. Thus when leaving the frame-based area, get rid of the nav
palette or whatever by loading the new document not into the frame but
over all the frames like this:

Note the underscore.

--
    .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
 -()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a