Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

At 07:42 AM 8/22/96 PDT, Fisher Mark wrote:

>If the document is well-suited and well-designed for frames, in my
>experience they can be a great navigational help.  Netscape's site is pretty
>good in that regard.  I have not used frames yet on my own pages, but I also
>only recently started using forms and tables, as I wanted to wait until the
>vast majority of browsers supported those features  (my first pages were
>designed for Tom Bruce's Cello browser back during the CGI 1.1 development
>period, if that gives you any idea to their antiquity).

Frames have their uses. But I wonder if they should be in _HTML_. Whether to
use frames or not is basically a design question, not  content question. So
"frames" are good, but <FRAME> is bad. In other words, Frames should be
specified in style sheets.

Does the [CSS Layout] specification do everything that those who use FRAME
need? If not, what needs to be added?

 Paul Prescod

[CSS Layout] http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-layout.html