Re: What are the problems with IDML? (fwd)

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996, Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet wrote:

> In article <199608160250.TAA24107@server.livingston.com>,
> MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com> wrote:
> > The ONLY thing they gave up was they put length limits on tags - which meta
> > doesn't have.
>
> Actually, the CONTENT attribute of the META tag is limited like every
> other attribute - 1024 characters max, including optional quotes.

I have yet to be persuaded that any sort of web site requires any kind of
information in web pages other than those described by name-value pairs of
1024 characters each. How about you give a nice little:

product-number	10
product-1-name	Suckit Vacuum Cleaner
product-2-name	Roastit Microwave Oven
product-10-name	Drenchit Super Faucet
product-1-desc	This can suck on anything, you wouldn't believe it
...and so on

(I'm skipping the META tags here)

If you're talking about BIG sites of several hundred or more pages, than
you're going to create the source automatically anyway, so what's the
problem? I still don't get it.

= Stephanos Piperoglou = stephanos@hol.gr = http://users.hol.gr/~stephanos/ =
  Four lines in a .sig can't say enough about why you should visit my page!
"I want peace on earth and good will toward man"
"We're the United States Government, we don't do that sort of thing!"
                                    [ from the film "Sneakers" ]

                                                       ...oof porothika! (tm)