Re: What are the problems with IDML?

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996, Doug Donohoe wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification.  If I understand you correctly, the
> following is invalid by the same model, correct?
>
> <BODY>
>         <META NAME="fu" CONTENT="bar">
> </BODY>

No, this is not correct. Howver this is:

<TITLE>Document Title</TITLE>
<META NAME="foo" CONTENT="bar">
<BODY>
<P>Bla Bla Bla
</BODY>

As is this:

<TITLE>Document Title</TITLE>
<META NAME="foo" CONTENT="bar">
<P>Bla Bla Bla

Don't take my word for it, parse it with any HTML DTD you want.

(Oh, and, make it your company's policy that all employees should learn how
to spell "foobar" :-))

> So our original statement that META elements must appear in the HEAD
> section of a document is in fact correct?

Nope.

> Boy, if I can't get this straight (and I do this for a living), how
> is the average web-author, the person it is supposed to help,
> going to understand?

The question here is, if the average web-author understands this, how come
you, who say you do this for a living, can't?

= Stephanos Piperoglou = stephanos@hol.gr = http://users.hol.gr/~stephanos/ =
  Four lines in a .sig can't say enough about why you should visit my page!
"I want peace on earth and good will toward man"
"We're the United States Government, we don't do that sort of thing!"
                                    [ from the film "Sneakers" ]

                                                       ...oof porothika! (tm)