Re: Error Report for HTML 4.0 Specification

C. Wortz wrote:

> Two errors spotted:
>
> In 9.3.2 the escape sequence shown for a line feed (&#x00OA) is
> incorrect, it should be &#x000A.  However, in the character set this is
> being written in, the digit zero and the capital letter oh are rendered
> with the same glyph.  In the character set my browser uses to display
> the document, and in the character set my printer uses to print the
> document, it is easy to see that what is supposed to be a third digit
> zero is instead the capital letter oh.

Ok.

> In B.10.1 the last sentence ends "... and store the it appropriately."
> This does not parse.  Either the "the" or the "it" needs replacing or
> deleting.

Ok.

> Not an error, but a complaint.  In Index of Attributes, the table can
> not be printed on 8.5 inch by 11 inch paper with margins, it is too wide
> to include the Comment column using the default character set my printer
> used for printing other parts of the specification.  The easiest way for
> printing the entire table seems to be to download it and use a word
> processor to decrease the font size and adjust the table width to fit a
> page.  Seems you didn't follow your own advice about tables.

It would seem you are trying to print the index of attributes
directly from your browser. I suggest selecting a smaller
font and trying again (we the editors can't guarantee that
every browser will print the spec correctly with every font!)

There are also Postscript and PDF
versions of the spec which you should have no problem printing.

Thanks for your comments,

Ian