Re: checkbox labels

Hi Erik,

My original note was about boolean inputs as checkboxes, not just
checkboxes in general.  So using my testcase in Orbeon's processor, I
saw a regular textfield that contained the value "0".  Most of the
browser-based XForms processors handle xf:select's with
@appearance="full" the same way (with label's on the right of the
checkboxes), so I didn't bother to mention that control.

I agree with the posts here that point out that XForms isn't about
presentation, but rather abstract UI.  I personally think that the
overall ability of the form author to determine label layout is probably
best addressed by the XHTML group and of course if they go with a CSS
style or attribute to solve this problem, then XForms processors should
honor it if possible.  But since the forms part of XHTML2 is driven by
XForms, then a recommendation by this WG would surely carry a lot of
weight.  I was hoping that one of us had already solved this problem for
our users so that we all had something to build on, but looking at the
posts, I guess not :)

--Aaron