From: Elliotte Harold [mailto:elharo@metalab.unc.edu]
Sent: 05 September 2006 15:25
To: Dharmesh Mistry
Cc: Lachlan Hunt; Steven Pemberton; www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Re: XForms and Web Forms 2.0

Dharmesh Mistry wrote:

> I agree with Mark Birbeck, however taking a pure technology route we all
> know that BetaMax was better than VHS, but VHS won the standards war.

We may all know that, but that doesn't make it true. VHS won because it
was better along the axis that consumers cared about more: recording
time. BetaMax was superior along an axis that consumers cared about much
less: picture quality. See
http://technology.guardian.co.uk/online/comment/story/0,12449,881780,00.html

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!