Re: multimodal labels and trees too far away for XForms? [was: Re: Deploying (accessible) XForms today?]

Handling trees has been discussed at several meetings and the
discussion has not reached any conclusion as yet.

Mikko Honkala has implemented a tree control in X-Smiles, which I for
one have found extremely useful. I believe some other XForms
implementers have the tree control too.

Whilst the form control is useful there are some on the WG who would
prefer a more generally applicable approach to handling arbitrary
depth in XML documents, along the lines of giving repeat another axis.

Personally I would like a general mechanism for handling depth that
is not tied to a particular form control (like repeat), along with
the convenience of the tree control, which is clearly a generally
useful way of representing and interacting with depth.

I personally have a very pressing need for some handling of depth in
XML documents, so would be very happy to see it move up the agenda
again.

All the best

MarkS