Re: [ANN] A new live XForms example: the "DMV Forms" sample application

Sylvain,

First, thanks!

Now regarding your question, the document returned to the browser *IS*
HTML. So yes, the behavior is correct! And no, it does not include
XForms elements.

It is true that we could have returned XHTML (with the issue that IE
doesn't really understand it, but kind of tolerates it in certain
circumstances), but still, the markup would not contain any XForms
elements, and the benefit is not clear.

The reason is the way the OPS hybrid (or "server-side") XForms
implementation works: it does take XHTML + XForms as input, but then
translates that into (X)HTML + JavaScript + whatever is necessary for
regular web browsers to display the page and react to the user's actions
through Ajax.

We had a talk last year at XTech about the basics of this technology,
which we have since developed into OPS 3.0:

   http://www.orbeon.com/ops/xtech

I hope this clarifies the situation a little bit!

-Erik