Re: WOFF and extended metadata

On 21 Jun 2010, at 19:36, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

> LP> Should the value be entity-encoded or not?
>
> Why on earth would you want to entiry encode it (or base-64 encode
> it, or whatever other obfuscation) when it could be included directly?

For the sake of a guaranteed, predictably simple document structure.

One danger: What if the included unencoded XML uses elements already
used in the metadata? Some clients would barf on the unexpected
attributes and content of those elements.

It seems I'm in a minority, possibly of one, on this issue of
sandboxing the content...

- L