RE: EOT-Lite File Format 1.2 (was RE: EOT & DMCA concerns)

Introducing the new version number for EOT-Lite and requiring all EOT-Lite compliant implementations to support the new files with version number *only* should eliminate any concerns about hypothetical presence of rootstrings in padding, IMO. We define a new format with no notion of rootstrings, and the new version number provides a clear way to differentiate any and all prior EOT formats and the new EOT-Lite.

Vladimir