RE: EOT-Lite File Format

John, thanks again for the first draft !

Some feedback:
1. We've figured out that the original submission [1] has a typo. The first version number should be 0x00020000, not 0x00010000.
Version 1 is a legacy format that predates t2embed (!).
2. We recommend using 0x00020000 for EOTL files as that version has no rootstrings nor EUDC. This means step #2 checks for that value
only.

For EOTL generators, I think the basic requirements I know of so far are
1. Set the version number to 0x00020000
2. Set the magic number to 0x504C
3. Set the embedding level to one of 0x0000 (installable), 0x0004 (preview and print), 0x0008 (editable), 0x0100 (no subsetting)
or 0x0200 (bitmap only)
4. Set the Italic and Weight fields per their value in the OS/2 table.

We will provide a more formal list shortly...
S.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2008/SUBM-EOT-20080305/